The girls dressed up as angels this morning, getting ready for our church Christmas Service.
All of the children sang two Christmas songs as part of the service.
There was party food and fun for them afterwards!
Paddy's mum Mary gave up Mass to be with us - lovely.
I conquered one of my fears this afternoon and tried a recipe from one of those blogs that leaves me feeling wide-eyed and inadequate. This is Peppermint Bark, just before I cut it. I'd call mine the slightly deconstructed/lazy version ;) It is very yummy, although as you might notice when I took the photo it was sweating already - today was so humid. I'm too scared to take this out of the fridge now, not sure how I'm going to get it to Paddy's sisters' place an hour away on Christmas Day! Mmm... maybe this is a better gift for a winter Christmas?!!
This is where the Christmas Tree would be if I could be bothered getting it down. So far, no one has complained about its absence. The girls have set up their own manger scene complete with attending animals and three presents labelled appropriately. We were given a paper tree which is on top of the fire and is getting decorated randomly. Our kids' bible is open at the Christmas Story on the music stand. This is all their own doing, and better than a tree, if you ask me. (Mostly because the tree is going to require a lot of baby-training to stop Abigail pulling it down on top of herself!!)
The girls read Christmas stories listening to Melanie's favourite Christmas songs.
We lit candles and talked about the special day which is so near.
And now I'm going to do the dishes.
I love the white dresses with the red sashes, so beautiful. I agree about the manger scene. Wonderful to watch their imaginations engaging with the story.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the music. I debated about whether to include videos; but in the end I had fun searching for versions of the songs that I liked. Though it did make the post I started at breakfast take all day to complete.
Melanie - those dresses are the girls' flower girl dresses from the wedding we were part of at the beginning of the month. They had a wonderful time, and they looked gorgeous. Any excuse to put them on again!
ReplyDelete