Wednesday, March 23, 2011

wednesday things

1. We had sports with our home school group this afternoon. Instead of being inside the gym as it normally is, the girls got to play t-ball and run around outside in the park near the gym and swimming complex that we go to. As they were finishing up I noticed that the trees nearby were pear trees, and that the ground was littered with rotten fruit. We walked down through the pear trees looking for fruit that was decent enough to eat. The pile on top of the buggy quickly grew into a huge pile underneath the buggy. We came home with a huge bag full, maybe even 5 kilos worth! Free! I peeled and cooked them this afternoon. Now we are all looking forward to breakfast. Porridge and pears, I'm thinking.

2. Last night was such a bad night with Abigail that I can hardly bear thinking about it. She's been gradually showing signs of growing out of her daytime sleep. Even when she only sleeps for half an hour she's not ready for bed until at least 8:30pm. So we thought we'd try keeping her up all day. Hah, the fools we were. She fell asleep eating at the dinner table at 6pm, and I put her to bed. We were lulled into a false sense of security and celebrated the freedom. Then at 8:30pm she woke up and cried. We thought she'd go back to sleep, so we left her for a while, and then went in and checked on her a few times. A couple of hours later, she still hadn't gone to sleep. I got ready for bed and took her with me. She was so awake she just kept on sitting up and talking. I was so tired I was worried she'd roll of the bed. So I gave up and sent her out to Pat. Long story short, several hours later, after he'd tried everything from sitting in her room super-nanny style, to feeding her, and then rocking her, he brought her in to me again (I'd kept waking up hearing it all) and she finally conked out. He's got a video of her that he took on his phone, at midnight, sitting up at the table eating pears. Cute. Not.

3. Abigail did make up for the grief she caused us by producing her first poo in the potty this afternoon! I know, I know, you don't really want to hear about poo and potties, but I'm sure you'll understand that it was a very exciting moment around here. She's been talking about "ca ca" and "wee wee" for a while, and seems to be aware of what she's doing. She's been happy to sit on the potty for a while, but this is the first time there's been any result. I think she was pretty impressed.

4. Isobella lost a tooth tonight eating dinner, the second this week. The first was on Sunday. She announced that teeth were worth $2 on Sundays and promptly wrote a note to the tooth fairy to tell her so. Of course, the tooth fairy obliged. She's good like that.

5. Speaking of that big girl of mine, it's her birthday next Monday and I've only just organised her party. It's a picnic at the domain outside the museum, followed by a visit to the museum. Mum just informed me that it's supposed to rain all day Saturday. So much for the picnic. I suppose I'll have a brainwave about it at some time. Hopefully before Saturday!
                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. LOL that made me laugh!!! i thought "cute" when i read about abi eating pears at midnight!! i can just imagine her with that cheeky grin ;o) - post the video!
    and picturing pat sitting in her room supernanny styles... he he he
    another tooth!! impressive, how much will the tooth fairy fork out tonight!!
    oh and don't listen to the weather forcast! oxox

    ReplyDelete