Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here I am

After a year of being an almost-addicted blog reader I have decided it is time for one of my own. This is a big thing for me. I said to myself once I would never write a blog. But last week the face book peer pressure got to me, and I found myself sitting in Joy's kitchen seconds away from signing up. It's so easy to keep up with people, then you can see everyone's photos, etc etc. But i looked around on Joy's page and got palpatations. On my way to a panic attack, you could say. I couldn't do it! What is it about the internet that brings out the recluse in me? You tell me... I drove home thinking it all over. By the time I drove up our driveway I had decided to start a blog. A week ago tomorrow. And here I am.

If you are reading this now it is because I sent you a personal email and invited you to. You are either a dear friend or sister who would love me to be on facebook, or a dear friend or sister or (insert family member) who would love to catch up more often... or who i would love to hear from more often... or who has figured out I am an erratic emailer... or who is waiting for me to pick up the phone and ring them... or .... (insert situation of your choosing.)

I don't like thinking this is going to more than one person. I am thinking of you all individually as I write this. I won't be proof-reading this more than once. I may completely regret it in the morning. But I am clicking on "publish." Please come back... say hi.... and forgive me for forsaking facebook. I'm still on the planet. !!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! how cool, this suits you much better than facebook - you can write as much as you like - no boxes to keep inside ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! well done and i love the spotties :-) you have successfully negotiated your way out of facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the web. Look forward to sharing your thoughts and photos.. and reading the 'guest' bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely seems like your style doya. Love it. I'm really looking forward to getting some further insights into your rather expansive mind (remember don't hide behind the kids too much - although they are excessively cute and this would be tempting)

    ReplyDelete