Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Eight Months Old
Abigail turned 8 months old yesterday.
Somehow, this is the age I really can’t believe we’ve got too. Partly because I think I had lost a month somewhere, and a week ago I was thinking she was turning 7 months! But also simply because 8 months just is so old. I mean, that’s a really old baby. It honestly feels like it was just yesterday that she turned 5 months. And 5 months is really very baby baby. But she is 8 months. And she is crawling, sitting herself up, pulling herself up to her knees and even once to standing, she is making good sense with her “da da da da“ noises, and she is mine. My sweetest most precious Abigail.
Yesterday we gave her a piece of celery to chew on while we were eating dinner. And for the first time she “shared” it. She pointed it towards paddy so he could nibble it, and then to the rest of us as well. I remember the other two doing it at exactly the same age… funny that. Such a sweet moment. Every day is full of them, if only I had a film camera rolling in my mind. That nothing would be forgotten. But we remember the things that matter most, don’t we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment