Saturday, May 7, 2011

unconditional

Yesterday afternoon I sat on the couch with all three phones beside me. Waiting for the final confirmation that this house is not ours, and another is.The other house, the big house in the bush, was until yesterday afternoon a dream I have hardly let myself dream. Now it is real.

Space, peace, bush, water. Those things I saw within myself for the first time last year, when that other house in the bush surprised us. I hadn’t realised the longing I had for those things until then. But that property wasn’t meant to be ours, it was simply a place holder. It marked a page we hoped we would turn back to. We couldn’t have imagined how quickly and how perfectly that page-turn would be executed.

Now the book lies open at it. And it is even better than those first longings. Five acres of bush, 100 metres from the water. Bedrooms and useable space galore, and room for Grannie too.  I couldn’t have dreamed it, I couldn’t have even asked for it, it is that good! Wow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am still pinching myself! What an adventure it will be... I can't wait to tell you about it :)

    ReplyDelete